Have you ever wanted something chocolatey and delicious without all the added sugar?Well, never fear, moms. Your hero is here! By which of course I mean my mother is here, who found the recipe on Pinterest and then added more things to it to make it taste better. It’s the perfect alternative to what would otherwise be a nuclear sized sugar bomb. To make this delectable treat, you need:
1½ cups good quality chocolate chips with lower sugar (such as Lily’s)
3 cups whipping cream
2 tsp vanilla
1 tsp liquid stevia (we use Trader Joe’s)
2 T powdered Low carb sweetener, (we use Swerve)
2 T Cacao Powder
1. Melt the chocolate chips over a double boiler, or in 30 second increments in the microwave stirring at each interval. Set aside.
2. Whip cream to soft peaks.
3. Add vanilla and stevia to the cream and whip another 90 seconds.
4. Add the powdered sweetener and cacao powder and whip until stiff peaks form.
5. Fold half of the whipped cream mixture into the melted chocolate until well incorporated, then repeat the process with the rest of the cream. Be sure to fold to maintain the air as much as possible.
6. Chill for at least 2 hours and serve. Enjoy!